ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST - METRO LEXUS
Last Day to Apply: March 17, 2017
METRO LEXUS needs an Accounting Specialist to manage contracts and vendors for four auto dealers using SharePoint software and MS Excel. The Accounting Specialist manages and tracks documents such as licenses, tax forms, and service agreements. The Accounting Specialist manages the vendor bidding process, sets up new vendors and issues vendor credit. The Accounting Specialist oversees Accounts Receivable and processes monthly statements and past due accounts. The Accounting Specialist serves occasionally back-up for payroll processing. Job requirements are an associate’s degree in accounting or finance with 1-2 years’ experience in the accounting field or an equivalent combination of education or experience, MS Office experience (advanced Excel required), and 1-2 years’ experience in contract administration, payroll, and accounts payable. Experience with SharePoint, Kronos timekeeping system and ADP Vantage software highly desirable. $17-$18 per hour.
The Contract Administrator, under the leadership of the Controller, will support the process to satisfy the customer demands (internal and external) of Lexus, Toyota and Hyundai by providing excellent administrative services to their customers that exceed their expectations. The Contract Administrator will support the accounting, billing & payroll operations. The Contract Administrator will maintain excellent business relations with customers and vendors to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction and promote excellent business standards. The Contract Administrator will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination, expand internal communications and assist in the ongoing development of the contract management operations.
Listing of essential functions (In order of importance):
- Management of all contracts and agreements.
- Work with SharePoint Contract Management software on a daily basis.
- Upload contracts, agreements and other documents into SharePoint.
- Monitor SharePoint for expiring contracts and take appropriate action to notify management.
- Prepare termination letters for contracts and agreements and follow up to ensure received by vendor via certified mail.
- Maintain a spreadsheet detailing vendors/customer and their status, i.e., data sharing vendor, on-site vendor, off site vendor, wholesale A/R, etc.
- Maintain a spreadsheet detailing the documents needed from each type of vendor/customer and whether documents have been received.
- Follow up on all open item documents from vendors or customers.
- Maintain a neat and orderly file system for location of hard copy documents.
- Management of all other dealership documents, such as dealer licenses, W-9’s, blanket exemption forms, Master Service Agreements, Certificates of Insurance, data sharing agreements and other forms as needed.
- Assist in managing vendor bid process from beginning to end.
- Prepare and set up new vendors.
- Contact and review vendor and customer references prior to setting up a new vendor or customer.
- Set up new Accounts Receivable customers and issue credit limit based on company guidelines.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable responsibilities, writing receipts, processing monthly Accounts Receivable statements and follow up on past due accounts.
- Act as backup Payroll Administrator (PA) in the absence of the current Payroll Administrator. As PA the responsibilities would include:
- Daily monitoring of the Kronos timekeeping system.
- Daily monitoring and filing of absence requests.
- Daily/weekly communication with Controller, Departmental Managers, HR and Corporate Payroll department regarding associates’ attendance.
- Preparing bi-weekly spreadsheets for payroll submission.
- Preparing and maintaining neat and orderly payroll files for each store.
- Maintaining payroll documentation.
- Use of ADP Vantage HCM as necessary for employee information.
- Follow-up on payroll questions or issues.
- Reviewing schedules for associate in-house payroll deductions.
- Maintaining proper documentation for employee in house payroll deductions.
- Meet payroll submission deadlines.
- Follow accounting and operating procedures as outlined in Accounting and Operating Procedures Manual.
Secondary functions of the job:
- Trend expense analysis weekly/monthly
- Expense reports as requested
- Invoice auditing
- Expense Control as needed
- Other General Accounting needs as requested.
Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience requirements:
- Requires an associate’s degree in accounting or finance with 1-2 years’ experience in the accounting field or in a related area or must possess an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Requires 1-2 years’ SharePoint experience, 1-2 years’ MS Office experience (advanced Excel mandatory requirement), 1-2 years’ experience in contract administration, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Experience with Kronos timekeeping system and ADP Vantage software highly desirable.
Is eligible to legally work in the United States.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is frequently required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business purposes. A large amount of this travel involves driving a company vehicle. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.