Toyota of Greensburg - Automotive Service Technician (Experienced)
Automotive Service Technician (Experienced) - Toyota of Greensburg
Job Purpose: To inspect, maintain, and repair automobiles that run on electricity, gasoline, or alternative fuels like ethanol. Execute basic care maintenance like tire rotations and oil changes, diagnosing complex problems, and planning and executing vehicle repairs.
*** $18/Hour - Flat Rate to $24/Hour - Flat Rate based on experience and certifications ***
- Testing to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolating the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repairing or replacing worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Following a checklist in ensuring that, they examine each critical part of the vehicle.
- Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Using power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Using machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Using common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Ability to identify the problem quickly.
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Valid PA State and emission license.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years of business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical degree preferred.
- ASE certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year in service department.
- Enjoy working in a fact paced environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Good computer skills.
- Aptitude learning and delivering technical information.
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality.
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and valid driver license.
- Basic computer skills.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.