Service Advisor - Metro Lexus
Posted On: August 05, 2019
METRO LEXUS needs a Service Advisor for our growing business. We have a large volume so there is ample opportunity to earn a great income. Pay is based on a guaranteed salary and a percentage of Labor and Parts sales. Schedule is M-F with some Saturday rotation. Service Advisor experience is required and ADP experience is preferred.
- Arrive and depart from work at times designated by your schedule and/or supervisor’s request.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously customers a friendly and courteous manner; take note to their maintenance needs.
- Ensure customer information is current (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). Always request an email address from customers.
- Review vehicle service history and advise customers about probable services or repairs needed.
- Utilize all aspects of the MPI system and present recommended repair suggestions to every customer. Sell proper services and repairs to meet customer’s perceived needs.
- Inform customers of the estimated time and costs required to complete services.
- Gain customers approval for all repair orders prior to beginning work. Ensure customer signs and acknowledges all documentation.
- Accurately document any agreed upon modifications to repair orders.
- Inform valets when customer vehicles are ready to be parked servicing waiting area.
- Keep customers informed of status changes with their vehicles, and notify customers when their vehicles are ready to be picked up.
- Prepare a Come-back Report for the 2nd visit for the same repair and deliver to Technical Services Manager.
- Resolve minor customer concerns; turn over more serious problems to managements for resolution.
- Make policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
- Follow all Lexus warranty procedures and ensure accuracy of information.
- Work closely with technicians to assure quality workmanship.
- Monitor workload to determine the kind of work that can be handled quickly.
- Verify repair order accuracy, legibility and ensure all charges are correct and recorded.
- Conduct end of day closing activities and cash out any necessary customer tickets.
- Coordinate and communicate actions with customers, the Lead Technician, and management.
- Report all accidents. Further, report any situation or condition that could jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of associates, or customers.
- Maintain a “Certified” status in the Lexus Commitment to Perfection Certification Program.
- Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
- Conduct all business with honesty, integrity and in accordance with Our Values and our Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform any other duties/functions as assigned by management.
- Work in an effective and professional manner with associates, vendors, and customers
To perform this job successfully, an associate must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and handle the physical demands of this position within the working environment.
Maintain a good driving record per company standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to type information using a keyboard in a reasonable and efficient timeframe. Ability to conduct service related tasks on the computer, including the ability to check email and search the internet when necessary.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Has valid driver’s license. Is legally able to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to communicate; hear; stand; walk; be seated periodically; handle or feel objects in the workplace; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to drive; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The associated is occasionally required to working outside exposed to elements (heat/cold/wind/exhaust).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is subject to loud conditions in the technician service area.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and valid driver’s license.