Porter - Lexus of Akron-Canton
Posted On: September 06, 2019
LEXUS OF AKRON-CANTON needs Porters. A Porter washes, vacuums and polishes cars and assists in general duties such as working in the car wash. Porters work 30-40 hours a week and Saturday is required. This is a great job for high school and college students and we’ll work with part time schedules. A positive attitude, attention to detail and ability to pass a hair follicle drug screen. Must prove high school diploma or GED and provide valid driver’s license. $10.00-11.00/hour.
- Report for work at assigned time(s); leave at assigned time(s).
- Pick up new and pre-owned vehicles as directed.
- Move vehicles around the yard as directed.
- Clean all new or pre-owned vehicles prior to delivery to customers.
- Wash exterior to clean vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Assist in cleaning and removing coatings and protective sheets used on new vehicles.
- Clean machinery and equipment used in Car Wash/Detail process.
- Deliver new or pre-owned vehicles to customers.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surfaces to protect surfaces and reserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interiors of vehicle to remove loose dirt and debris using vacuum cleaner.
- Clean upholstery, floor mats, carpet area, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces, and treat fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals.
- Apply special purpose cleaners and clays exterior to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer.
- Drop off and pick-up customers or loan vehicles as directed.
- Promote customer satisfaction. Answer customer questions accurately and politely. Respond promptly to customer concerns.
- Help maintain a clean, neat, and safe shop and yard.
- Help maintain a clean, neat, and safe Service Department/Car Wash/Detail area.
- Work and drive safely.
- Comply with all safety and driving rules.
- Use shop equipment and tools safely.
- Wear required personal protective equipment: clothing, footwear, gloves, masks, safety glasses, etc.
- Dispose of cleaners, waxes, and any hazardous wastes properly.
- Report all accidents immediately.
- Assist other associates as needed and/or directed by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience requirements:
Less than high school education; or up to six months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Has a valid driver’s license. Is legally able to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk; hear; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
When Travel Required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is frequently required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business purposes. A large amount of this travel involves driving a company vehicle. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.