Service Porter - Lexus of Akron-Canton (Full Time)
LEXUS OF AKRON-CANTON needs Service Porters to wash, vacuum, polish cars and assists in general duties such as working in the car wash. Porters work 30-40 hours a week and Saturday is required. Must be punctual, hardworking, self-starter and have a valid driver's license. $12.00/hour.
- Report for work at assigned time(s); leave at assigned time(s).
- Pick up new and pre-owned vehicles as directed.
- Move vehicles around the yard as directed.
- Clean all new or pre-owned vehicles prior to delivery to customers.
- Wash exterior to clean vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Assist in cleaning and removing coatings and protective sheets used on new vehicles.
- Clean machinery and equipment used in Car Wash/Detail process.
- Deliver new or pre-owned vehicles to customers.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surfaces to protect surfaces and reserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interiors of vehicle to remove loose dirt and debris using vacuum cleaner.
- Clean upholstery, floor mats, carpet area, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces, and treat fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals.
- Apply special purpose cleaners and clays exterior to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer.
- Drop off and pick-up customers or loan vehicles as directed.
- Promote customer satisfaction. Answer customer questions accurately and politely. Respond promptly to customer concerns.
- Help maintain a clean, neat, and safe shop and yard.
- Help maintain a clean, neat, and safe Service Department/Car Wash/Detail area.
- Work and drive safely.
- Comply with all safety and driving rules.
- Use shop equipment and tools safely.
- Wear required personal protective equipment: clothing, footwear, gloves, masks, safety glasses, etc.
- Dispose of cleaners, waxes, and any hazardous wastes properly.
- Report all accidents immediately.
- Assist other associates as needed and/or directed by management.
All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test and a valid driver license.
- Vision insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.