Detailer - Metro Lexus (Full Time)
Posted On: August 05, 2019
METRO LEXUS is looking for Detailers. We offer a generous flat rate with open-ended earning potential and strong customer base. The requirements for a Detailer are prior detailing experience and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Experience with wet-sanding and buffing is a huge plus! Must possess a valid driver's license, have an acceptable driving record, pass a background check and hair follicle drug screen.
- Report for work at assigned time(s); leave at assigned time(s).
- Pick up new and pre-owned vehicles as directed; drive to car wash area.
- Move vehicles around the lot as directed.
- Clean and detail all new or pre-owned vehicles prior to delivery to customers.
- Washes exterior to clean vehicle by using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Cleans and removes coatings and protective sheets used on new vehicles.
- Cleans machinery and equipment used in Car Wash/Detail process.
- Deliver new or pre-owned vehicles to customers.
- Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surfaces to protect surfaces and reserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuums interiors of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Cleans upholstery, floor mats, carpet area, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agent’s applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Applies revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces, and treat fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Applies special purpose cleaners and clays exterior to remove foreign materials.
- Respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer.
- Drop off and pick-up customers or loan vehicles as directed.
- Promote customer satisfaction. Answer customer questions accurately and politely. Respond promptly to customer concerns.
- Help maintain a clean, neat, and safe Service Department/Car Wash/Detail area.
- Work and drive safely.
- Comply with all safety and driving rules.
- Use shop equipment and tools safely.
- Wear required personal protective equipment: clothing, footwear, gloves, masks, safety glasses, etc. as required.
- Dispose of cleaners, waxes, and any hazardous wastes properly.
- Report all accidents immediately.
- Assist other associates as needed and/or directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a high standard of personal grooming, hygiene, and dress
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to six months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Has a valid driver’s license. Is legally able to work in the United States.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.