Service Advisor - Metro Lexus
METRO LEXUS needs a Service Advisor for our growing business. We have a large volume so there is ample opportunity to earn a great income. Pay is based on a guaranteed salary and a percentage of Labor and Parts sales. Schedule is M-F with some Saturday rotation. Service Advisor experience is required.
- Arrive and depart from work at times designated by your schedule and/or supervisor’s request.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously customers a friendly and courteous manner; take note to their maintenance needs.
- Ensure customer information is current (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). Always request an email address from customers.
- Review vehicle service history and advise customers about probable services or repairs needed.
- Utilize all aspects of the MPI system and present recommended repair suggestions to every customer. Sell proper services and repairs to meet customer’s perceived needs.
- Inform customers of the estimated time and costs required to complete services.
- Gain customers approval for all repair orders prior to beginning work. Ensure customer signs and acknowledges all documentation.
- Accurately document any agreed upon modifications to repair orders.
- Inform valets when customer vehicles are ready to be parked servicing waiting area.
- Keep customers informed of status changes with their vehicles, and notify customers when their vehicles are ready to be picked up.
- Prepare a Come-back Report for the 2ndvisit for the same repair and deliver to Technical Services Manager.
- Resolve minor customer concerns; turn over more serious problems to managements for resolution.
- Make policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
- Follow all Lexus warranty procedures and ensure accuracy of information.
- Work closely with technicians to assure quality workmanship.
- Monitor workload to determine the kind of work that can be handled quickly.
- Verify repair order accuracy, legibility and ensure all charges are correct and recorded.
- Conduct end of day closing activities and cash out any necessary customer tickets.
- Coordinate and communicate actions with customers, the Lead Technician, and management.
- Report all accidents. Further, report any situation or condition that could jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of associates or customers.
- Maintain a “Certified” status in the Lexus Commitment to Perfection Certification Program.
- Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
- Conduct all business with honesty, integrity and in accordance with Our Values and our Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform any other duties/functions as assigned by management.
- Work in an effective and professional manner with associates, vendors, and customers
- Ability to identify the problem quickly.
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Effective people skills.
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
- Leadership quality.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical experience preferred.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Aptitude learning and delivering technical information.
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and apply constant new information to daily tasks.
- Adhere to compliance standards.
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test and valid driver license.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.