HR Consultant - Metro Lexus
LIVING OUR VALUES:
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Human Resource Consultant II under the direct leadership of the General Manager and Controller and advise of the Director, HR Consultants, will support the process to provide business essential, cost effective, charge-back services to associates and business units in the Ascent affiliated companies specific to Metro Lexus of Akron-Canton. The Consultant will 1) lead the recruiting efforts across two dealerships 2) coach and counsel managers and associates about proper business conduct 3) assist them in achieving their business plans with their associates 4) lead HR projects in support of Ascent initiatives and the Business Conduct Program; and 5) take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communications.
(List in order of importance)
Other duties as assigned.
1. Lead the recruiting efforts as it pertains to all candidates for the dealership.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Controller, hiring Manager and HR;
- Maintain requisitions, job postings, and New Hire Spreadsheet and hiring databases;
- Generate routine HR reports and complete projects as required; and
- Research HR issues by referring to procedures, policies, resources, reports and available data.
2. Conduct pre-employment activities.
- Coordinate and administer all pre-employment background tests and drug screens.
- Ensure that background checks are processed timely; following up with applicants as needed for additional information.
- Prepare offer letters and collect necessary employment documents from new associates ensuring compliance with employment laws and company requirements.
- Facilitate all new hire orientation for associates as well as other training initiatives related to process, leadership, compliance and individual development.
- Conduct internal investigations and advise on the corrective action strategies to resolve workplace conflict and allegations (e.g. workplace violence, harassment, discrimination, theft and retaliation).
- Coach and counsel managers on HR issues related to staffing, HR administration, leaves of absences, organizational development, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Coordinate the follow up/resolution to business issues as needed.
- Create / update, gain approval, distribute, and interpret policies, procedures and work rules to ensure compliance.
- Represent HR/Legal departments as a subject matter expert in the application of Our Values, the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and employment law during associate Business Conduct Classes.
- Provide guidance/coaching to managers regarding performance deficiencies, counseling, disciplinary issues, termination processes, and investigations.
- Possess a strong process orientation to review and revise HR processes.
- Process various payroll and compensation activities for the dealership. Reporting time and attendance, commissions, pay contracts, and review of various payroll activities. Ensure proper documentation of roles and responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Director of HR and Legal on challenging HR activities to seek guidance and support.
No direct reports, but may lead and/or support projects and process improvement teams.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; plus five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive experience preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, action planning, and coordination skills.
- Able to promote, coordinate, and support change.
- Demonstrate initiative, organizational and coordination skills.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of current federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Demonstrate excellent writing, presentation, discussion, interviewing, coaching, and counseling skills.
- Demonstrate: business acumen; process orientation; performance management; technical expertise; customer orientation; leadership; interpersonal aptitude; interpersonal influence; people development; commitment to quality; achievement orientation; self-development; company-wide perspective; business insight; facilitation of others.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as strong organizational, administrative, development and implementation skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to changing priorities, ability to collaborate professionally with all levels across the organization.
- Must possess the highest level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: *
PHR required; SPHR preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
Office/Field; some travel required.
* Is legally able to work in the United States.